Tuesday, August 12, 2014

So begins my journey...

     
   


      I guess I should start with an introduction, right? That's usually how these things work, and me being a "rookie" to all this blogger stuff...well, it's probably where I should start. Here goes, my name is Alex Rodriguez, I am a Beachbody coach, a pretty awesome Husband (right honey?), a faithful Christian, and a bunch of other stuff that you will learn with time. Hoping that bit didn't sound to AA'ish. Anyways, now that you know a little more about me I shall give you what you want! A blog post! One of which you have never seen the likes of before, a blog post to rule all others...yadaa, yadda, yadda. So at this point you are probably asking yourself what's this blog all about, or why wont this guy stop rambling...well first off I ramble a lot, get used to it and secondly this blog is about a journey. Not just my journey but my wife's also. We have both begun our journey with Beachbody, a healthier lifestyle, and continue our journey with Christ. So what can you hope to gain from this blog, you ask? Well, I will be posting about our progress, fun and delicious recipes, motivational posts, how to get over that hump and how to get started, overall experiences with different programs, and how Christ ties in with all of that. I hope to help you in your journey by letting you into mine, I wish to inspire you if you have not already made the change, and I pray to help you build a relationship with Christ through fitness.After all 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says: Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your bodyBecoming a Beachbody coach is more than just a hobby and a way to earn income...it's so much more, I am in this to not only change my life but help you change yours.  



            So now that the intro is all out of the way I can start getting into the nitty-gritty, the meat and potatoes if you will of why I chose this lifestyle, why I chose to make this change at 29, why I joined Beachbody as a coach and how does this all relate to being a Christian? Well, its all kind of simple and a little cliche. As I near 30 years old and as I was continuing to gain weight I had a moment, a stark realization that the path I was walking has already been walked by family members before me. This moment came while I was watching this amazing video of Arthur Boorman, a disabled Gulf War Veteran who defied all odds and lost 100 lbs and was able to walk and run on his own again. This video brought me to tears and gave me the kick in the butt that I needed to get started. I looked at  Lindsay's and my family trees when I got home that night and all I saw is early deaths, heart disease, obesity, cancer, asthma, and diabetes...a laundry list of conditions and diseases. It's easy to see why anyone would want to change. I decided enough was enough, this trend has to end, and it has to end with me and my wife and I. Numbers 14:18 ‘The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation’. I will not allow my children to suffer Lindsay's (my wife's name if you haven't figure it out yet, lol) and my families generational curses. After I came to my wife with this and shared my moment we both prayed about it and behold, a solution was provided! One of our church members is a Beachbody coach and contacted us out of the blue, she explained to us how the programs work and her personal success story. Well, we did not hesitate, after some research we knew this was the opportunity were waiting for. Now 2 weeks into the 21 Day Fix Challenge program and I am down 12 lbs and my wife is down 8 lbs. Small success story thus far, but every success story or dream has a beginning and this is ours. I look forward to share our journey, please feel free to message me if you wish to share yours with me. 


`

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me!

Name

Email *

Message *